The National Forum To Accelerate Middle Grade Reform has endorsed Emerald Owl Productions, in terms of the experiences we bring to students, as well as the potential educational and fundraising opportunities.
Ask yourself these questions:
* Are you TIRED of fundraising? * Is it a ton of work that you have to start over each year? * Do you dread asking people to buy overpriced items from you?
We have been through these fundraisers and realized there must be a better way. Could we create a fundraiser that is not only more profitable, but fun, one that people look forward to doing? We think we have found the answer....and others do too!
We work hard to solve the following problems:
* Most fundraisers are high work output for staff and volunteers. * Many fundraisers become stagnant and do not experience annual growth. * Kids get into trouble when they are bored. They need more opportunities for safe, good, wholesome fun. * Technology has caused less physical activity, social, and personal interactions. * Students who do not excel in sports or the arts often feel they have nothing to contribute to their school.
How do we do this? We take your event to a new level by doing four major things for you:
1) EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE:
A beautiful laser light show might be the best example of how science and art can be used together. There are many STEM education experiences that we will share with your students in the weeks leading up to your event:
1) How a Laser Works? 2) Why Do The Lasers Need Haze or Fog To Look Great? 3) Why Do I Glow In the Dark With UV Lights?
We will even give you your own small laser and smoke machine so that you can do your own demonstrations for your students.
Hands on Demonstration: And that is not ALL!!!! On the day of your big event, we will do a hands on experience for your students. Not only is this a great lesson about how math is used in real life, the instructional component will likely bring excitement and anticipation for your actual event ---- thus increasing your attendance and bottom line!
Business Education: And that is STILL NOT ALL! We are happy to talk to your students about what it is like to start a small business and the challenges we have to figure out to be successful. In fact, we even have a curriculum for student leaders to help manage this event at your school in the future. When students take ownership of the event, participation goes up! Planning an experience such as this is a true hands-on, real life learning experience.
2) SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE:
We take the quality and value of your fundraiser event to a professional level. While this might sound expensive, it actually creates an opportunity for HIGHER profits because:
* A superior experience encourages higher participation over time. Word spreads that the event is "legit." Students AND staff want to attend each year!
* This will be an EPIC event at your school. Students will eventually want to be involved and thus more buy in from your student population.
The increased pledges and participation not only cover our costs, but add to your profit. Our goal is that your bottom line is higher with us than without us! Working with us is an INVESTMENT in your fundraiser. It gets easier each year as you learn what works for your school and people at your school become familiar with it. And unlike most investments, you do not have to pay anything upfront! It is financially RISK FREE to try us!
Schools choose pledge levels and incentives that work the best for them, allowing as many students as possible to earn a positive middle school memory. This is significant as we know many people do not have positive memories of the middle school years.
3) OUR GUIDANCE & EXPERIENCE:
Our 17 years experience in planning these events in schools helps us guide you. You never feel like you have to reinvent the wheel. We share what has and has not worked at other schools . You can then make INFORMED decisions that are best for your school. We basically provide an event planner to help you plan your fundraiser from start to finish with the goal being to help you build a new tradition at your school.
4) WORK ON A PERCENTAGE:
We use the "Dance Marathon" fundraising model (see Data Driven Model). The data clearly shows that over time, this model works and everyone wins. We help you choose pledge levels and incentives to raise you funds, while allowing as many students as possible to earn a positive middle school memory. This is significant as we know many people do not have positive memories of the middle school years. By hosting an experience, product overhead is eliminated. We work on a sliding scale percentage meaning the more money your students raise, the higher your percentage climbs! A middle school in Goldsboro raised nearly $11,000 profit with EOP, a 105% increase from the $5,000 the school normally makes selling products.
Besides creating memories and perhaps raising funds, our experience provides unique student leadership opportunities, such as:
* Budget Management * Event Organization * Marketing (Signs, Commercials, Social Media) * Activities & Entertainment * Interviews With Business Owners To Obtain Sponsorship * Event Theme Items & Decorations
Emerald Owl Productions will help you get these educational lessons started at your school. We find that giving students leadership opportunities increases their ownership in the event, which in turn, increases overall participation over time.
6) DATA COLLECTION:
When the event is over, we encourage students and staff to complete a brief computer survey about their experience. This feedback helps us build future events at your school, using data that comes straight from your participants!